Tuesday 3 April 2012

A little of last night and a little of today

Well my quiet night last night actually ended up getting rather interesting. I had a stroll around the block (oh just listen to me already!) and sauntered to Central Park, and worked up a thirst. Found a pub on Amsterdam Avenue called 'The Dead Poet,' which is a good name all told, so settled down for a pint of Guiness. Not sure why because I don't even drink it at home but it seemed right.

To cut a long story short I got talking to two teachers, Ben and Josh, and after a few whiskys and ales we ended up back at Ben's place. We had some tequila and chilled out on his balcony overlooking the park and that incredible New York skyline (I realise this story sounds like it's going somewhere horrible but it isn't). It was a totally spontaneous evening and a lot of thanks must go to Ben's lovely wife, Tracey, who treated us so nicely despite the fact Ben brought me home from a bar. The subway near Harlem would have been terrifying sober but luckily I was ok and didn't end up a dead poet myself.

I woke up with a bit of a sore heard and ented up spending nearly all the day in Central Park, in the sunshine. I also had this fantastic 'Buffalo Bang' wrap, which contained chips, onion rings, bacon, mozzarella cheese and breaded chicken. When I returned home later this evening my dorm was empty, but soon enough a Columbian family had moved in. They were really friendly and gave me a beer as soon as they arrived. Obviously everyone I meet  wants me to be an alcoholic...


No comments:

Post a Comment