Thursday 5 April 2012

A bridge too far (away for you to come visit)

I'm sat on the opposite side of the river, sunning my hangover away in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The view is stunning. From the Statue of Liberty on my left to the Empire State Building on my right, everything is big, bright and beautiful (a bit like me in my youth).

Last night I ended up in this karaoke bar in Soho after one too many pitchers and whiskies. Karaoke isn't usually my scene, what with me being a music snob, talented artist and totally modest, but I thought I might as well do a gig while I'm in New York. Seeing as I was wearing my Beatles T-shirt I plumped for 'Come Together,' before finishing off with my American favourite, 'California.' Needless to say Jay-Z was passing by, I've just been signed, I'm seeing Beyonce behind his back and I'm a total coke fiend.

I've heard of eating greasy food, of ice baths, of drinking even more, but I think the ultimate hangover cure is to sit in this beautiful park, looking across at this beautiful city and writing all about it for beautiful people like you. Keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment