Friday 6 April 2012

In defence of "my town"

Because I'm waiting to go out, and because I'm shattered, you're getting another blog. But it's not the usual deal. I'm going to do something I believe has never been done before in writing: I'm going to try and tell you what Chesterfield has, that New York has not.

Why am I doing this? Well some of you may have read my Facebook status last night. If you haven't then the general gist was that people were talking about a Thursday night "out in town" and I was meanwhile somewhere far better. My exact words were "I am worth so much more than you right now."

I still think I'm right, of course, because this is my blog and what I say goes. BUT although Chesterfield is not the coolest of nights out, it does have some redeeming features...

1. Central Park is great but it doesn't have 'Frederick's' ice-cream. Or tramps trying to fish by throwing logs in the water.
2. Chesterfield has a flea market. Nuff said.
3. The beer in New York is colder. Some people like that but they are wrong. And not an old man like me.
4. Tickets to go to a show on Broadway can set you back about $150, yet for under a tenner there's fun to be had at the 'Pomegranate.'
5. Royal butler Paul Burrell is from Chesterfield. Not done my research but pretty sure no royal butlers are living in the Big Apple.
6. In New York, you are expected to tip constantly. A dollar a drink is the norm. In Chesterfield you can drink alcohol out of a fishbowl.

That's six to be going on with. If anyone can think of any more then please get in touch (I'm not going to read them but the offer is there). But if there's one thing Chesterfield has that New York hasn't got then it's this little lady. Miss you Rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment