Friday 6 April 2012

Farewell, New York!

Some things never last - and it was with a heavy heart that I said goodbye to the city, or as I've just decided to call it, 'Adam's Apple.' After a busy day yesterday, I set out with my huge bag on my back and took a long walk through Central Park, a Columbian goodbye (not a euphemism) ringing in my ears. It was a gorgeous day today but sadly I had to rush off, though not before I had bought a nice bottle of fruit juice and then smashed it on the floor. It was basically the age old case of buckaroo.

Before I left the city I had one mission left accomplished. No, not to try on every dress in Macy's (I did that). Instead, I went to 'Lindy's' diner on 7th Avenue for probably the best cheesecake in the world. Carrying the weight of a seventy-five litre bag and pudding-stuffed belly I made my way to the bus. My mum texted me today and said "Heard you're tired - be extra careful." Ah Pristine Christine, truer words were never spoken. But rather than listening I ended up being forced to get off the bus at 30th Street rather than 6th Street. It wasn't a total disaster but did mean I had to walk for over an hour until I found the hostel.

It all looks pretty good so far, and from what I've seen of Philly (as I'm now allowed to call it), it seems a pretty cool place with a lot more history than I realised. I'm going on some gallery tour and drinking session the hostel is putting on tonight, then I'll try and cram as much in as possible tomorrow, seeing as though I've got to be up pretty early to get to Washington. So long!


No comments:

Post a Comment