Thursday 24 May 2012

More of Minnesota!

Apologies again for a few days of silence, just when I had got my flow back. I've been a busy bee, both with sorting out the next phase of my trip and enjoying the present in the Midwest. The Sunday evening and the Monday were mainly spent organising flights and such, but we did go to 'Champ's' for American fare of pretty epic proportions: waffle fries (aka chips) and a burger topped with pulled pork anyone? Followed that on Monday with a sunny wander around one of the city districts, buying books, sipping a smoothie laced with ginger and being totally pretentious as a result.

On the Tuesday, still full from the Chipoltle the previous night - and by the way, they've got some in London so I implore you to go and get a burrito and thank me when you're fat and happy - we headed back to the farm. The weather was great, so we had a nice day in the sun and then followed it up with a movie (aka film) in the evening. Hopefully me putting an obvious English translation in brackets isn't grinding anyone's gears (getting really annoying).

Yesterday gave me a cool glimpse of a Minnesota phenomenon I had yet to come across - a storm. It didn't quite reach tornado proportions, but after stocking up on food and beer (just because), we could feel the heat and pressure beneath some ominous clouds (see the picture). Huge peals of thunder and forks of lightening rattled through the house, and the effects were seen this morning where a huge branch lay cloven on the grass, washed up like driftwood.

Anyway, I'm listening to the rain come in now, thinking about heading out but considering the conditions. I have Friday here before I take an eight hour Megabus back to Chicago. I've heard the weather in England is gorgeous right now, so it's only fair that I take on the rain that has left its spiritual home. Two weeks today and I'll be back home, probably bringing the weather with me if landing in Manchester keeps up the usual trend. Enjoy the sun and enjoy reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment