Tuesday 19 November 2013

To Nam

Thankfully, I made it through Hong Kong airport and onto my plane to Vietnam where I'm writing this blog. Because we forgot to put my middle name on my visa form, there was a LONG wait at check-in and it seemed like I might not make it out. Luckily the flight was delayed and that bought me some time, so now me Sophie and Ben are flying over Cambodia (I think), ready to land in Hanoi. 

There seems a lot to do in Nam, besides live out my Deer Hunter fantasies. Hanoi seems a crazy bustling place, full of cheap beer and cool sights. We are planing to go to Halong Bay which sounds beautiful. It's a world heritage site so seeing it by boat should be sweet. Then on Saturday we fly to Da Nang for a couple of nights. There are some pretty beaches there apparently, and I like the idea of going to a gritty kind of city. A working town. And then it's four nights in big old Ho Chi Min city aka Saigon. I'm keen to explore the tunnels, and try and get out somewhere rural if I can. 

It's all very exciting though...at least it will be if they let me sort my visa at the airport in Hanoi. Fingers crossed for me folks!

P.s was great to see the show with the musicians yesterday, especially meeting the musical director Mario. Was nice to round things off with drinks in The Ventian with all the cast as well. Staff serving us must assume that I'm an acrobat who has completely given up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment