Tuesday 20 March 2012

A Brief Introduction...

If you're reading this then you probably know who I am already (it's Adam by the way). You may not know however that I am about to embark on over two months of travel across America, purely to annoy anyone who isn't doing anything that cool this year. I wanted a nice little log of my adventures to look back on myself when my bed becomes a toilet and Carol Voderman starts getting attractive, as well as to keep anyone who's interested in my whereabouts posted of what I am up to, and how fat I am getting.

The title of this blog is a nod to a book by one of my favourite authors, John Steinbeck; Travels With Charley, a wonderful journal of Steinbeck's own journey across America. He was accompanied by his poodle Charley, while I am alone (sigh) for the first part of my trip. However, in early May I will be meeting my good friend Alex Stevens - who has been working in Canada for the past six months - in the Seattle area.

I will be posting more information and stuff before I go, and give everyone a bit more of an idea of my route, what I'm looking forward to, how I'm going to find myself, etc. So keep on reading if you're interested in America or just want to laugh at me when I get sent to Guantanamo Bay or some other hilarious jape. Also feel free to spread the word to anyone else who wants to know how many spare ribs I can eat in California, and how many years of my life I will lose to heart disease as a result.

Peace.

1 comment: