Saturday 29 August 2015

Och aye!

The Mac is back. I'm bringing back the travel blog for the weekend, as I'm winging my way up to Edinburgh for the Fringe. My last blog was way back in December 2013, on my trip out East to Macau. I've been travelling around since then - mainly screaming at the M1 at 4am after a gig - but nowhere I felt really warranted my writing. But me and the lady friend are heading to Prague and Brussels over the next few months, and gigging takes me some cool places, so I thought it was a blog worth revisiting with my trip to the homeland. 

It wouldn't be an Adam blog without a moan. Trains are the one at the moment. Trundling through the countryside at no speed, full of overweight people carrying overweight suitcases, struggling to locate a numbered seat as though they were searching for the Grail. I wonder what the Japanese tourists sat close to me are thinking as we pass Rotherham at about 5mph, when they could be zooming through Osaka at a nightmarish speed. They're probably also wondering why I'm cracking a can open for breakfast but c'est la vie. 



I love Edinburgh though. It's a proper city, with a skyline, and old buildings, and new buildings, and proper pubs, and some character, and shortbread. It's not Hull. I'm headed there with my dad and sister - three McCullochs going back to our roots and attempting to break our own personal best drinking records. We will be hitting some comedy gigs, possibly destroying some form of deep-fried chocolate bar and definitely making Brewdog count. We are also off to see probably my favourite musician, Sufjan Stevens, at The Playhouse tomorrow evening. 

It should be a great weekend. I'll keep you posted. For now here's my sister getting into the spirit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment